Who we are
Our website address is: https://www.giannalucas.com.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
This website (giannalucas.com) (hereafter referenced by the acronym ‘GLC’, and the pronouns ‘our’, ‘us’ and ‘we’) collects personal data from you when you access this site and any third party plugins, including:
- Name and email address, to fulfill subscription orders;
- Personal data concerning your life circumstances posted by you via contact forms;
- Phone number and billing information, as necessary to transact the purchase of billable services, and
- Technical data from cookies, analytics and third party embeds.
You may however visit our site anonymously.
Please note that GLC is hosted on WordPress, and as such does not collect any personal data about visitors, and only collects the data shown on the User Profile screen from registered users. However, some of our third party plugins, which are bound by their own respective Privacy Policies, may collect information.
GLC will treat your personal data with utmost confidentiality and will ensure that it is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access or disclosure, according to our Data Breach Response Plan. We will not disclose that data to any third party without your prior written (email) consent or unless required by Law.
The reason why GLC collects this information is so that it can be used in the following ways:
- To process transactions;
- To stage a contest, survey, promotion or other site social feature;
- To send periodic emails, if you are subscribed for regular updates (you can unsubscribe at the bottom of our emails at any stage);
- To respond to your contact request (or better understand your life circumstances);
- To personalise your experience (to help us better respond to your needs);
- To improve our website (we are very passionate about improving our website offerings and making your user experience rewarding and seamless);
- To improve customer service (your information helps us improve our responses to your requests), and
- To send you information about your processed order, including related service delivery information.
How we protect your data
GLC employs technical measures to protect your data such as encryption and two-factor authentication.
If you upload images to GLC, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to GLC can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Our contact form information is submitted to a secure database. Information is retained for three (3) months for customer service purposes, but we do not use the information submitted through them for marketing purposes.
If you leave a comment on GLC, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one (1) year.
If you have an account and you log into GLC, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, GLC sets up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish a comment, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
EMBEDDED CONTENT FROM OTHER WEBSITES
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
GLC is built on WordPress. By default WordPress does not collect any analytics data.
How long we retain your data
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for 5 years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on GLC we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on GLC, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Who we share your data with
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you; for example —
- Source: PayPal
In this subsection you should list which third party payment processors you’re using to take payments on your store since these may handle customer data. We’ve included PayPal as an example, but you should remove this if you’re not using PayPal.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
- Source: Really Simple SSL
- Source: Stripe
- Source: Akismet
- Source: Eventbrite Tickets
Eventbrite Ticket information includes attendee, purchaser, description, cost, type, quantity, as well as venue information, including name, address, city, country, state, postal code, phone, website, geographical coordinates (latitude and longitude).
- Source: WooCommerce
GLC collects information about you during the checkout process on our store. What we collect, store and/or track while you visit includes:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed;
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping;
- When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
- If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
- Source: EWWW Image Optimizer
By default, the EWWW Image Optimizer does not store any personal data nor does it share it with anyone.
Our Contact Information
Data protection is very important to us. If you have a privacy-specific concern, please contact GLC via our main email address – email@example.com and the team at GLC will be in touch.